You’re four steps away from showy and posh nail art.
Execute this design in a breeze by mapping out the placement of the striping before application.
What do you think of this look? Let me know in the comments below!
On Wednesday, Nintendo announced a new gaming system, the Nintendo 2DS- that’s definitely not a typo.
The new “entry-level handheld” plays 3D games in 2D and will reportedly be available in October.
In honor of the news brought to us by the video games giant, I was inspired to create Super Mario Bros. manicure.
If you’ve ever delved into the world of Mario, then you’ve certainly come across many of his friends . . . and enemies.
Let’s go level by level in this Super Mario Bros nails tutorial. Here we go!
What you will need: Light blue polish, red polish, green polish, blue polish, purple polish, light pink polish, black polish, yellow polish, white polish and a thin brush.
1. Prep the nail with a base coat. Apply two coats of light blue polish on the thumb. Apply two coats of red polish on the index finger. Apply two coats of light pink polish on the middle finger. Apply two coats of green polish on the ring finger. Apply two coats of white polish on the pinky.
2. Once dry, use a thin brush and yellow polish to outline and paint the star on the thumb. Outline the star with black polish after the yellow polish completely dries.
3. Using the thin side of the white polish brush, paint half a circle on the tip of the index finger nail to create a mushroom. Paint one medium-sized circle in the center top and two half circles on the each side. Use a thin brush and black polish to draw two lines for eyes on the bottom half-circle. Repeat this step on the ring finger.
4. Paint the bottom half of the middle finger nail with a dark pink polish. Use the thin brush and white polish, paint a french-tip. Use the thin brush and blue paint to draw a blue oval for Princess Peach’s blue gem. Outline the gem with a thin brush and yellow polish once the blue polish is dry.
5. Use the thin side of the purple polish to paint colored spots found on Yoshi eggs.
6. Let the design completely dry and finish off with a top coat.
Press start to play this six-second tutorial and find out how this 2D design came to be.
Let me know if you try this look!
Be retro and bold in a manicure filled with geometric shapes and strong colors.
To execute this art deco manicure, you’ll need to mix two techniques: brushing and dotting. You’ll also need three different colored polishes of your choice.
Let’s get to work.
1. Prep the nails with a base coast. Once dry, apply two coats of a polish of your choice. I chose white polish as the background color in the manicure pictured above.
2. Using a thin brush or the side tip of your polish brush, apply one vertical line on the left side of the nail bed above the vertical half-way mark. You can mix and match the polishes as I did the manicure shown above.
3. Draw on two more vertical stripes one shorter than the previous one so that it looks like your phone’s reception bars.
4. Apply dots of the opposite polish color using a dotting tool.
5. Let the design completely dry and finish off with a top coat.
Check out this six-second tutorial and find out why mixing techniques creates a great manicure.
Let me know if you try out this design. Good luck!